Monday, February 26, 2007

Don't you wish you were here?

I took this a couple weeks ago with my cell phone:
I wish I'd had a camera when it said -2. We had 22 consecutive days under freezing. Lately it's been pretty warm, 30-35. When the cold snap broke it was a balmy 42, which felt great. I was out one night when the wind chill was around -30. Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining. It's a nice change of pace from the Land of the Eternal Humidifier.

Plus, there's a nice little shop just down the street from me that sells all kinds of delicious things, such as:
Flavors shown here include White Chocolate, Hazelnut, "Happy Cows" (mix of milk & white chocolates), Yogurt, Dark Chocolate, Crispy Cereals, Caramel, and Strawberry Yogurt. Those are just the standard-sized bars. They have some non-Milka chocolate too, including a bar I've been working on for a while that is 90% cocoa, i.e. very dark. Not for beginners.

3 comments:

  1. uh... I doubt anyone north of ... oh... St. Louis ... cares about your plight... hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. The closer you get to Detroit the worse your mileage gets.

    ~tbf

    (7am, raining, 51*F... but I'm too far from the ocean right now as is)

    ReplyDelete