More flow chart goodness in response to the flow chart idiocy propagated by another website.
An Idiot of the Day/Week/Month award goes to the operator of that website. And an honorary Idiot award goes to Brian Briggs of BBspot for linking to it. Every time I get the urge to go back to BBspot to see what I've been missing, I'm reminded why I stopped going.
yeah that's the same place that made the anti-Bush treasonous crap. I didn't want to link to it since I figured more net traffic is exactly what that bum wants.
ReplyDeleteDon't forget to include a step before "Accept revelation" for "Check with Authority to see if new idea is consistent with previously revealed truth." Maybe that should be part of the "Is it Truth" decision routine.
ReplyDeleteThat's a key step, and where "decide the truth for yourself"ers often go wrong.
Well, that goes without saying as being necessarily implied by the "Is it Truth/Are you sure/Are you really sure" steps. I mean, you can't be really sure something is Truth unless you have first verified that it does not contradict already-known Truth.
ReplyDeleteThe offending flow-charter isn't as clear-thinking as you both. His ideas are so linear, with very few options--a testament to close-minded individuals.
ReplyDelete(I just used three hyphenated words! Woohoo!)
For the science flow chart you should include "Deny philosophical limits of science. -> Make unsupportable scientifically unsupportable statements and say they are scientific" You could also include, "Say agenda is scientifically proven -> Affect change -> Ruin lives -> Find out that original discoveries were flawed".
ReplyDeleteAnyone remember DDT? How about "milk causes cancer"? Or even "beware the coming ice age"?
ReplyDelete