Sunday, March 20, 2005

Ask A Marine On Post For Too Long In Iraq

Dear Marine On Post for Too Long In Iraq
I'm 19, and last month I moved in with my boyfriend of five years. Ever since we got settled in our new home, he has invited his friends over on a daily basis. It's not just one or two, Marine On Post for Too Long In Iraq; he has six to nine people stopping by every day to hang out, watch movies and even eat dinner with us.
I have tried expressing to him that I'd like to be asked before these people are invited. He'll comply occasionally, but most of the time I come home and find three people lounging in our living room like they own the place. His response when I get upset is, "I pay half the rent. Can't I have my friends over?"
There are nights when I want to come home, put my feet up, and read a book in peace and quiet, or better yet, spend time just with him. How can I communicate this without making him defensive? -- CROWDED OUT IN MINNESOTA


Huh? Yeah. No, go on I was listening. I agree. Uh, I mean, uh, it doesn't matter that much to me. I guess I could go either way. Uh... Hey did you here that noise? No?... Oh, I'm gona go make a head call.

1 comment:

  1. Dear Crowded,

    Your boyfriend has no legal/moral obligation to love, honor or cherish you or your thoughts and feelings. In today's modern age of live and let live the sharing of living space ought to be divided on an even field.

    I, therefore, recomend your boyfriend to not invite more firends over than would fill 50% of the living space. If his friends take up greater than 50% you should kindly and gently suggest they all loose weight.

    Or if you wish to have an exclusive use contract with your boyfriend you can file for one with the county clerk, for about $40. I hear that if you toss in $30 more they marry you on the spot.

    ~The Blue Fox

    ReplyDelete