Thursday, March 31, 2005

A third round o hellos
From Hit, Iraq

Cpl Adams, USMC

Hey Bethany!
I am so glad you wrote me. Ileana's phone # by the way is (740) 424-0238. Thanks for having all your students write me, I've got little replies for them below. Its good to hear your life is going well. That's escpeially cool that Emily might be moving out there with Nick and then you cann all have one big SOL reunion every day. Ileana and I will definitly have to drop by. Do I need anything? well... now that you mention it... I actually wrote up a huge list of stuff I need/want on fu-news.com and adamsfamilymagazine.blogspot.com but lots of people are sending me stuff. By the way the f and d on this keyboard are stuck so this letter might be missing some. Yes, I am running a dating service but you aint getting anybody till you send me pictures o yourself. Then you get first picks. And that goes for all SOL gals! Emily and Nick, you can send pics too just to make me happy, please. Thanks so much for the prayers Bethany, and I'm still praying for you.

Hey Sydney,
Thanks for praying for me. I hope you don't think that old lady down the street is mean because she smokes. Everybody here smokes, except me. I think they do it cause their are stressed out. Do you swim there when its cold out? My girlfriend, Ileana, knew people in the Polar Bear club that swim in the cold. I think they are nuts! There are lots of good things happening all the time here. We caught a bad guy a few days ago and the kids here are really cool and love us. These kids are also really good at soccer and could probably beat all of us at it. No, I don't have a nightmares here, I just have dreams of being home with Ileana, and then wake up to a bunch of smelly guys crammed in the same room as me. What a bummer. Me and all the Marines here are pretty good friends, I even have friends in the Navy here. They are our doctors and help us out all the time. We have got a couple hurt a while ago, but they're good now. Thanks for the letter and keep praying for me.

Hey Brianna,
Thanks for writing and praying for me too. I really appreciate it, and I'm doin good because of it. I was really happy to see I got mail and was pretty supprised when it came from you! We are all doing pretty good over here. Its starting to get really hot now this time of year and can reach up to 140 degrees eventually! I left a list of things that we need on a website at fu-news.com and at familyadamsmagazine.blogspot.com. Why don't you ask Bethany Croteau, your seriously hot teacher (admit it she's beautiful even if you are a girl), to print it out for you. It lists things like socks and snacks and stuff. Thank you so much for the letter, again, Brianna. Keep prayin for us.

Hey Andrew,
I used to listen to Rush all the time before I came here. I'm a huge ditto head! That is so cool that you listen to him their. My really hot girlfriend, Ileana, mailed me a copy of "The Way Things Ought To Be" by Limbaugh and its a really good book. You should read it, get it out of the library, if you get the chance. I bet the librarian will look at you funny though.
The Iraqi adults, some like us, some don't, some are indifferent. The kids though love us. I love the kids here, they love it when we come by and wave all the time. I believe when the current generation dies out, and the kids grown up (like when I'm an old man) this country might be awesome. Seriously, like in a way that completly chnges the entire middle east and in turn the world. This place might become the next super power if these kids embrace freedom like it looks like they do.
I wouldn't join any other service because I love the Marine Corps too much. But if I had to... I guess the air force cause I love computers and the air force has lots of technology. The marine corps is still the toughest though. :)
It doesn't really matter if I agree or not with President Bush's choice to send us here because asa good Marine, I do what I'm told whether its a good idea or a bad one. (But secretly as a us citizen, yes I do agree).
I stay in a 2 story building that used to house Iraqi troops I think. I'm right next to the Euphrates river (ask your history teacher about the "fertile crescent") near a town called Hit (pronounced heet). I sleep in a room with about 40 other guys packed in it, so there is not a lot of room. Thanks for asking, and thanks for the letter and the prayers!

Hey Katie,
Thanks for the letter and the prayers. Trust me, we need it. You are right, one man can't do it alone. I'm witha team of 40 other guys that do security over the highways and search for the bad guys. We run some pretty late shifts sometimes (not normally though) we work for 36 hours without sleep. It can get pretty crazy out here, but we got lots of guys to support us out here, like the cooks who I would go crazy were it not for them and the good food they've been feeding us. Not to mention the army has helped us out alot too because they loaned us a shower tent so we don't all smell so bad any more. So you are right, one person can't do it alone. They'd go nuts if they even tried. Keep prayin for us and that we don't get hurt out here because all the dumb bad guys are already dead. The only ones left are the smart ones and we need our guardian angels to help us out while we find those guys and make this place safer for everyone. Thanks again Katie!

Hey Spencer,
Cool name. It sounds really professional and tough like "Attention on deck! Good evening Lieutenant Colonel Spencer". Are you named after any one in particular? Is there a saint Spencer? Cool stuff. Anyhow, yeah, I hate being away from my wife Ileana. She's really cool to party with, watch movies with and just generally be lazy with. Out here I got to work with a bunch of irritable smelly guys that don't look nearly as cute as my wife does... Yeah, I don't think its the shave either. I think most of these guys got hit with the ugly stick a while ago, or maybe I just like girls too much. Like your teacher, Ms Croteau. Tell me she ain't a hottie. Ask her out on a date. Thanks for writing me and praying for me, cause I need it. I hope that some time I can come by and visit you and your class when I get back. Tell Bethany, I mean Ms Croteau I said hi. Thanks again, Spencer. Cool name.

Hey Brendan,
I love Baseball! I don't like Basketball as much because everytime I play, people always change the rules and make up rules. But I love baseball. I actually organized and started the first baseball team at my highschool. I'm not very good at it though, I usually just play right field. But it doesn't matter as much as long as you love to play it. Is it scary here in Iraq? Not really scary as sometimes stressful when we are hunting down the bad guys. I was kinda bummed when they sent me overseas because I was separated from my main squeeze, Ileana, the hottest woman in the world after Bethany Croteau. But I knew it had to ocme and I was glad that I was finally fulfilling a part of my life, defending this country. What do I miss most? Well, Ileana, Mt Dew, Doritos, sitting on my butt, playing on the computer, baseball, fresh not stinky air, beautiful girls like Bethany Croteau, not wearing heavy body armor, doing whatever I want, money, and (drumroll please)... Going to church on Sunday! Man I miss church. We get it every so often and almost never on a sunday. We celebrated easter on a wednesday here because the islamic terrorists hate catholic priests so we have to move him around with secrecy. That stinks. Go to confession whenever you can, cause I can't and it stinks. Pray for me too. Thanks so much Brendan.

Hey Sarah,
Thanks you so much for the letter and the picture you drew! Do I like to be on the first line to fight? YES! I would rather being doing this knowing that I am actually getting rid of the bad guys than sitting back somewhere doing paper work for 6 months away from my really hot date, Ileana. It is a little stressful, but I know that there is a good reason that I'm here and not home. If I was just doing paper work or something, I'd feel like this was all just a waste of time. and I love the chance to support our country and know that when I come home I earned all the cool things that I'll be able to do. When I sit on my couch, hugging my wife, eating chips, drinking Mt Dew and watching Star Wars or when I go running outside with my wife and playing baseball, I know that I earned that right to do those things and it makes those things that much more fun. Thanks so much for asking Sarah. Thanks so much also for the letter. Please pray for me too. Ask your guardian angel too if she has any time off, see if she can help my guardian angel out cause my guardian angel is working overtime helping me.

Hey Samantha,
Thank you so much for the letter and the prayers. Did I enjoy school when I was your age? Believe it or not, I was homeschooled until 7th grade, and (no offense Mom) no I did not enjoy school then. I did enjoy school from 7-9th, but then highschoolers became too mean and it was lame hanging out with all the stuck up teenagers. College was awesome though because I met some of the coolest friends of my life like Bethany, your smokin hot teacher. I didn't have cool teachers like her in highschool either. My mom of course is cool, but I couldn't stand the homework. She gave me a lot! Hang in there though, your teacher is awesome and you only have a few more years before college, or a job, a family or something. Everything gets better later on. Trust me, I'm happier here in Iraq than I was in highschool! Life gets better like wine I guess, to borrow an anology from the bible or somewhere. The older you get, the better it is. Hope you enjoy highschool though, and keep me in your prayers. Thanks so much for writing.

Hey Jason,
Wow, that's a lot of thank you's. Thank you for writing. I enjoy serving here, I just wish the weather was more like home. It'll be getting pretty hot here soon, like 140 degrees or so. I'm glad you think one person can make a difference, trust me I know. We've had a couple of guys make an awesome difference for us here and I like to think that I'm helping out too. We have caught some bad guys so I know we are definitly making th place better for everyone. I am learning a lot about this country and I think that the whole world can become a much better place when some day the Iraqi children here grow up and take power, because these kids love us and love freedom. You should see how awesome these kids are here. They make our days better when they wave or when we seem them playing soccer. Its the old guys that are the ones who don't like us. Oh well, they can't live forever. Thank you so much for the letter and please pray for me cause we need the help here. I hope to see you and your friends then when I get back.

And to everyone else in Ms. Croteau's class, you have a hot teacher. All of your older brothers want to date her. Heck, I bet some of you do too. I wish I could see you all and I wish I had more time to write you all. But time is limited here. SO good bye, God bless, and keep prayin for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment