Ask A Marine On the Radio for Too Long In Iraq
Dear Marine On the Radio for Too Long In Iraq
My 25-year-old son, "Mitch," and his --
This is Tater Salad. Send your traffic.
Dear Marine On the Radio for Too Long In Iraq
My 25-year-old son, "Mi ive-in girlfriend, "Mimi," just became engaged . They met in college, she went to "get her MRS."
When Mitch state and started working on his graduate degree, Mimi tagged along. At first . But since she "couldn't afford" a car, Mit work every day. Then he worked, and they began having day to the exclusion of co-workers.
Two years later, Mimi still has no car of her own where cars are a necessity. In addition, she's "just so tired" after her "long" 7 1/2-hour day that she "just either go out or Mitch does the cooking, too.
Tater Salad, my sports and martial arts. Mimi is obese and about her aches and pains and other people. She has no hobbies and spends every night watching television.
I'm afraid this is somehow my fault. was "high maintenance." I modeled caretaking for when she and I were been than 10 years -- but Now Mimi has announced she needs surgery she's got a bad back, and "exercise doesn't work." (How could it? She'd have to actually move!)
I'm -son talk about the path Mitch seems to I also know I risk alienating him, maybe permanently. Should I keep my mouth shut, or what? -- PANICKED POP IN PAWTUCKET
Papa Papa India Papa, you are coming in broken and unreadable. Say again your last. Over.
My 25-year-old son, "Mitch," and his live-in girlfriend, "Mimi," just became engaged, and I'm really worried. They met in college, where Mimi admits she went to "get her MRS."
When Mitch took a job in another state and started working on his graduate degree, Mimi tagged along. At first she had her own apartment. But since she "couldn't afford" a car, Mitch drove her to and from work every day. Then she got a job where he worked, and they began having lunch together every day to the exclusion of co-workers.
Two years later, Mimi still has no car of her own in a state where cars are a necessity. In addition, she's "just so tired" after her "long" 7 1/2-hour day that she "just can't manage to cook," so they either go out or Mitch does the cooking, too.
Tater Salad, my son is lean, outgoing, into sports and martial arts. Mimi is obese and lethargic. She constantly complains about her aches and pains and other people. She has no hobbies and spends every night watching television.
I'm afraid this is somehow my fault. Mitch's mother was "high maintenance." I modeled caretaking for him in his early years when she and I were married -- we have been divorced for more than 10 years -- but never to this extent. Now Mimi has announced she needs surgery and pain-killers because she's got a bad back, and "exercise doesn't work." (How could it? She'd have to actually move!)
I'm desperate to have a father-son talk about the path Mitch seems to be heading down, but I also know I risk alienating him, maybe permanently. Should I keep my mouth shut, or what? -- PANICKED POP IN PAWTUCKET
Roger, that's a solid copy Papa Papa India Papa. Break. Standby for freq hop. Drop to TAC 2 and standby for reply. Over.
Papa Papa India Papa this is Tater Salad, radio check. Over.
Tater Salad to Papa Papa India Papa, radio check. Over.
Tater Salad to Birddog, this is a secure net. Take your traffic to TAC 1. Over.
This is Tater Salad, Hamhock. Send your traffic. Over.
Negative, negative. Need to send sec rep to Papa Papa India Papa on this TAC. Break.
Will be off your TAC in fife mikes.
Tater Salad to Papa Papa India Papa. Over.
Standby for rep. Break.
Be advised I am an unqualified JTAC. Could you supply a heading and distance to Mike India Mike India? Over.
Relay to Mike India Tango Charlie Hotel the following sit rep. Break.
Size One Obese Enemy in the open. Break.
Activity none. Break.
Location your couch in front of your Tango Victor. Break.
Unit soon to be ex girlfriend. Break.
Time niner mikes from my mark. Break.
Equipment fork and knife. Break.
Standby for fire mission. Break.
Mission designator jibbletsngravy. Break.
With fully loaded boot. Break.
0 mils to front door. Break.
Enemy arse in the open. Break.
Fire for effect. Over.
Will standby for sit rep. Over.
No comments:
Post a Comment